Because I missed my floral design class last Tuesday (funeral stuff), I had to make up a class period by attending both the afternoon and evening classes yesterday.
Week nine was the L-shaped arrangement that I made up in the evening. In my garden, I have been fortunate to have quite a few of my roses grow long straight stems this spring (probably because of our rainfall patterns). So I was able to bring a dozen long stemmed Tahitian Sunset roses from my own garden to make this arrangement! How cool is that?!?!
For week ten's arrangement, we learned how to make a topiary out of asiatic lilies and roses. The stems of the lilies are so long and straight that when we bound them together they made a great "trunk" for the topiary. The lilies are already starting to open up more as this arrangement sits on my mantle. I'm enjoying watching it evolve.
Yesterday was the last class of this term. So I get a two week break, and then I'll be in the shorter summer term doing double-duty every Tuesday with 6 hours of instruction in total every week. That means I'll get two arrangements done every Tuesday. By the end of the summer term, I'll be much closer to my first milestone--beginner's certification with 30 arrangements completed. Yay!